MSI membership has many benefits as well as a few obligations. These are fully explained during the New Member Orientation Class. The membership process is detailed below as well as graphically presented in a the MSI Membership Flow Chart.
The MSI Membership Application Process:
- Obtain an application form from the Clubhouse Attendant.
- Complete the application form.
- Pay all appropriate fees.
- Attend a mandatory New Member Orientation Class. Classes are held on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 4:00 PM. Or you may choose to attend a class held on the 3rd Saturday of each month by appointment only. Sign up with the clubhouse attendant for the class you wish to attend.
- Take and pass a range rule / safe gun handling test with at least an eighty percent score.
Note: Should you not pass the test, you will have an option to retake the class once more.
- Complete the required number of work hours for your membership category (working or non-working).
Note: You may begin to accrue your required work hours prior to attending the New Members Orientation Class. In all cases the total number of work hour must be completed no later than three months from the completion of the your application.
- Get two Members in good standing and one Board Member to sign your application.
Note: During the three months you have to complete your work hours, you will have an opportunity to meet Members and Board Members in order to obtain the necessary signature. Your application cannot move forward without the required signatures.
- Once work hours, application, and signatures are complete deliver your application to the Vice-President who will present your application to the membership for approval at the next Membership Meeting.
Note: You must attend the Membership Meeting when your application is presented for the Membership vote. You will be asked to introduce yourself and give a brief background statement.
- An affirmative vote completes the process and you are now a Member.